Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rainy Days

It's been raining A LOT these days! Going outside every day is a MUST!  I've had to cook up some fun stuff to keep everyone sane while we are stuck inside all day.  Here are some things we did last week:

 I saw a 2x4 in the garage and my brain said "Balance Beam"!  They loved it!  We also added one more block to make it higher and more challenging.  They also had fun jumping over and crawling under the beam.

I brought down my children's mattresses for some jumping fun.  They got a great workout!
I brought in our ride on toys.  We have a lot of open space on our first floor, perfect for riding around.  
I also let them run around on rainy days, too.


Some of my other go-to rainy day activities include building an obstacle course, a dance party, ball play (catching, throwing, kicking, basketball, etc).  In the winter, I bring in our mini trampoline.  I also have a great kid's yoga video and a children's aerobic video that the kids love. 
What do you do to get your kids moving on rainy days?



No comments:

Post a Comment